As another year ends— it seems like just yesterday I was learning to write 2010 instead of 2009…now I have to learn a new number- and another begins.
Sunday, Jan 2, 2011. The first Sunday of a new calendar year always feels like a fresh start. This month is an unusual one. After this morning’s worship I will be on a sabbatical till the 30th of January. So, as I leave after morning worship I won’t return till late in the month.
Here are my goals for the month of January:
1. Develop a preaching/teaching calendar for 2011 (Sunday mornings/Wednesday evenings).
2. Develop a writing schedule- there are several topics I want to write about on this page and the church’s website.
3. Plan my work as a board member of WACP and WCEN and the Douglas County Commission on Children and Families.
4. Memorize Galatians.
5. Keep an updated blog/journal of my time.
6. Develop a plan for mentoring/training men and leaders in our church.
7. Sketch a strategy for reaching our community.
That sounds like a lot of work. But if I use my time wisely and efficiently it should give me plenty to do.
Pray with me that God will use this time richly and help me discover a rythym for life that brings Him honor and magnifies Christ.